Well, in the past few weeks a ton has already happened. I had my second baby shower that my Sister in-law Jess and a friend Tammy did for me. I can't express my gratitude towards them for all they did. The shower was beyond my expectations and I'm so blessed to have so many family and friends who would gather around for me and my baby. There is no doubt that my baby girl is already so loved by so many!
In the mist times when we have no control over things, God always ends up blessing us for our faith and trusting in him. I lost my job this year as I stated before and this was so hard for me. I finally gave it up to God, trusting we would make more then enough. Well, in the mist of all this God totally has blessed us with a new amazing, bigger, cleaner, home for a price we can totally afford! I'm in utter awe of our God and how he does things. His ways are def not our ways and I'm so Glad! I have thought at times in the mist of moving 7 weeks before our baby girl comes, that I am nuts...But were almost done and things are beginning to look and feel like home. Just in time for a new addition to the Smith family.
We just returned from a Jesus Culture Conference in Cleveland, OH. 2,000 people showed up to gather to praise our God and ask for revival with-in ourselves that way we could go back into our communities and be used. It was amazing and God just really revived Joshua and I. Josh and I love working in Youth ministry. It's a passion in our hearts to see this generation arise with a passionate heart for God, his word and kingdom. On Saturday morning Josh and I went to a Youth leadership conference with about 100 other youth pastors/leaders from the U.S. Banning Liebscher and Sean Smith spoke. It was beyond amazing. God just spoke right to our hearts. Here are some points that just hit me:
-It the mist of every day life, Family, work, ministry..we sometimes forget to live in the moment. We are always futuristic which is awesomely good, but what about NOW? All we have is now. Be aware of the NOW in your life.
-Where are our students going to be in 20-30 years? Will they be a passionate follower of Christ? Raise the lid as a leader.
-Allow people to speak into your life. Access the wisdom and strength of others.
-You have to be willing no matter what to do whatever it takes even if family and friends don't follow.
-You can choose to be a good preacher(or whatever God has called you too) or you can choose to be a good daughter. God says you are a great Daughter. Your not going to preach (or whatever your called too in heaven) your going to be a daughter. My goal in life is to be a good daughter of Christ, not a good preacher, cook, organizer for ministry,etc.
-Don't entertain thoughts of unbelief.
-Maintain what God Builds.
-Lead together, isolation is a killer.
We have about 7 weeks left until our baby girl arrives.We're praying for earlier, but expecting later, so that we won't be disappointed. We would ask that you keep us in your prayers as we are both very excited but incredibly nervous about labor and delivery and recovery. Please pray that this would be a beautiful and special time and that it would go well and without any complications for baby or mommy.

I'm so excited for you guys and this new season that you are about to embark on!! It truly is such a blessing to be a mother!! One of the most amazing things for me was getting to a whole new level of understanding of God's love! Being a parent has opened up my eyes even more to God's love for us! I can't wait for you to experience it! It's powerful! You two are going to be great parents and your precious baby is so blessed to have you as parents!! I'm so excited for you guys!! I will tell you that it isn't always easy! Don't doubt yourself because there might be times that are hard but the joy far outweighs it all!! It will be great!! Please email me or call me if you have any questions!! Nursing was really hard for me and challenging with all my kids (but I perservered) so don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it!! I'm praying for you guys!! Love you!!
ReplyDeleteso happy for you guys, emily! the new house looks fantastic and sounds like the conference was amazing. (that's a great last shot, by the way!)
ReplyDelete