Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Positive=Baby Smith


Just one of the 9 tests I took! :)



As I sit here and write I am still in shock. On November 2 at 7:30 am my life changed. I couldn't believe the test was positive. I remember taking the test and setting on my counter in the bathroom and walking away to do laundry. I walked back into the bathroom to what i thought it would say not pregnant. But that little gray, and purple stick boldly proclaimed, PREGNANT. I swear to you, my heart stopped. I looked away, I looked back again, and then I laughed. To myself I said this is wrong! I went to the kitchen and downed a ton of water. Approximately 45 minutes when by and thank God I bought a double pack. Again PREGNANT! I sat on out couch not believing and pure excitement came over me. The phone rang. I new it was Josh. The first call I was not sure if I should tell him over the phone or not. He called to just to check in.
I wanted to do something amazing to surprise him to tell him he will be a Daddy in about 9 months, but my shock and nerves took over. After our first phone call, I called Him right back and told him the very exciting news! He was beyond excited. I knew right then, all would be okay. The excitement in his voice meant the world to me. I went to the doctor and got the results back Thursday morning. I am 5 weeks along. I know without a doubt that Joshua will be an amazing father to this daughter or son we have! I know my child will be so loved by all his grandparents, Uncles, Aunts and cousins. This is a new journey for us and we are so thankful for this! A lot of people told me not to share this great news until I was about 12 weeks because of anything that could happened. That is not me. I am asking you all now to be in prayer for us in this time. Pray for this little baby inside me that God is forming!


xoxo

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS EMILY!!! wow, girl, i'm so happy for you and josh - that is truly amazing, and what a blessing. you will be in my prayers! :)

    ReplyDelete